Collection and Use of Personal Information
You may be asked to provide some personal information any time you contact Rievent Technologies or use a Rievent product or service. You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
What Personal Information Rievent Collects
When participating in an online activity on our site or a site with Rievent service integration, such as a continuing education activity, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email, mailing address, phone number, profession, specialty, education degree, partial or full birthdate, organization membership numbers, survey and test responses or other details to help you with your experience and to complete activity requirements. Rievent will collect statistics on your participation including site navigation history.
When Making a Purchase
When making a purchase for participation in online education, for event registration, or similar participation in a Rievent online activity, the website may direct you to a secure third-party website to ask you for payment information. Rievent does not collect, process, or store credit card information. All credit card processing is directed to a secure third-party site. Rievent may send your name and address information to the payment processing service for your convenience, so you will not need to reenter that information.
When Does Rievent Collect Information
Rievent collects information from you when you register on our site, respond to a survey, fill out a form, open a support ticket, or enter information on our site or embedded service. Rievent hosts sites for and integrates with our customer’s websites. These customers may transmit your personal information to Rievent.
How Rievent Uses Your Personal Information
Rievent may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer an educational activity, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your participation such as activity completion emails or outcomes survey participation requests.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries).
- To analyze statistical information about your participation including your general geographical location, time and date of participation, browser type, operating system, and may include the use of Google Analytics by Rievent or our customer.
At Rievent we design our products and services according to the principle of privacy by default and collect only the minimum amount of data necessary to provide our users with a product or service.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Rievent’s websites, online services, interactive applications, email messages, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as web beacons. These technologies help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of user participation on our websites.
Rievent uses Google AdSense Advertising on or to promote our corporate website, but we do not use AdSense within our products and services.
How We Protect Your Information
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. Rievent protects the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes, malware, and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
All payment transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
How Does Our Site Handle Do Not Track (DNT) Signals?
Rievent products and services do not honor DNT signals. We don’t honor them because Rievent’s products and services do not use tracking cookies and do not track users across sites.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. Rievent does not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. Children under the age of 13 should not use Rievent’s products or services.
United States Federal Trade Commission’s Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive actions: should a data breach occur, we will notify you via email within 72 hours of detecting a data breach; we also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law.
CAN SPAM Act Compliance
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions, to process continuing education participation and credits, and to send information and updates pertaining to your participation.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following: not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses; identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way; include the physical address of our business or site headquarters; monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used; honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly; allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
As a user of a Rievent product or service you have agreed to receive transactional email communications related to your use of the system including emails of confirmation, registration, receipts and other system generated emails directly related to your use of a Rievent product or service.
Rievent may send additional email communications such as invitations to participate in follow-up learning outcomes activities and promotional communications. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving these emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from future correspondence.
Special Provisions Applicable to Users from California under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Rievent does not sell your personal information, including personal information of anyone under 16 years old. Thus, these notification and opt-out requirements do not apply to Rievent.
When receiving a request, Rievent will verify that the individual making the request is the resident to whom the personal information subject to the request pertains. California residents may exercise their rights themselves or may use an authorized agent to make requests to disclose certain information about the processing of their personal information or to delete personal information on their behalf. If you use an authorized agent to submit a request, Rievent may require that you provide us additional information demonstrating that the agent is acting on your behalf.
Personal Information Collected or Disclosed by CCPA category by Rievent.
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name are collected and disclosed to Rievent’s customer and select third parties. Refer to the Third-party Disclosure above.
- Personal information as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information. Rievent may collect education (degree(s)) and employment. Rievent does not collect employment history nor financial information. Rievent shares this collected data with its customer and select third parties. Refer to the Third-party Disclosure above.
- Rievent does not collect characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
- Commercial information, such as transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information. Rievent may collect and share with its customer transaction history, purchase history, financial details and payment information regarding transactions completed on a Rievent website. Rievent does not collect, process, or store credit card information. Rievent’s customer have access to more detailed transaction information through the credit card processor.
- Rievent does not collect biometric information, such as fingerprints and voiceprints.
- Rievent collects and shares with its customer some internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements.
- Rievent does not collect geolocation data, such as device location
- Rievent does not collect audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as job title as well as work history and experience in presenter bios collected for events, presentations, marketing collateral and testimonials in connection with Rievent’s learning activities. Rievent profile information collected may include profession, specially, and education degree(s) of learners. Rievent shares this data with its customer.
- Rievent does not collect education information subject to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), such as student records.
- Rievent does not collect data consisting of inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
With respect to their personal information, California residents may exercise the rights described below.
- Right to know what personal information is being collected, for what purposes and with whom it is shared
- Right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed for a business purpose and to whom
California residents have the right to request from a business that sells or discloses personal information for a business purpose separate lists of the categories of personal information collected, sold or disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, including the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose. Rievent users may request this information by email or using the support form provided. Rievent does not sell your personal information. Rievent’s customer has access to data collected.
- Right to say no to the sale of your personal information
CCPA requires businesses that sell personal information to allow residents the ability to opt out of the selling of their information. Rievent does not sell personal information.
- Right to non-discrimination of service or price if you exercise your privacy rights
The CCPA prohibits businesses from discriminating against a California resident for exercising any of their rights under the CCPA. Rievent will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
- Right to deletion
California residents have the right to request that a business delete any of their personal information that the business collected from them, subject to the exceptions in CCPA §1798.105. Rievent users may request “to be forgotten” (GDPR) or “deleted” by contacting our customer directly through their website embedding or directing to a Rievent service or Rievent (as data processor) by contacting Rievent support directly. You may also contact us using the contact methods under Contacting Us.
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to participate in a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local, state, and federal laws. For users who interact with Rievent services outside the United States, know that your personal data is transferred to and processed in the United States. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to Rievent and its customers, as it applies to all companies processing the personal data of data subjects residing in the Union, regardless of the company’s location.
GDPR Breach Notification
Under the GDPR, breach notification is mandatory in all member [EU] states where a data breach is likely to “result in a risk for the rights and freedoms of individuals.” This must be done within 72 hours of first having become aware of the breach. Rievent, if in the role of a data processor, will also be required to notify their customers, the controllers, “without undue delay” after first becoming aware of a data breach.
GDPR Right to Access
Rievent provides for the right for data subjects to obtain from the data controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose. Further, the controller shall provide a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format. Rievent users may request this information by email using the support form provided.
GDPR Right to be Forgotten
Also known as Data Erasure, the right to be forgotten entitles the data subject (you) to have the data controller (our customer) erase his/her personal data, cease further dissemination of the data, and potentially have third parties halt processing of the data. It should also be noted that this right requires controllers to compare the subjects’ rights to “the public interest in the availability of the data” when considering such requests. Rievent users may request “to be forgotten” by contacting our customer (as data controller) directly through their website embedding or directing to a Rievent service or Rievent (as data processor) by contacting Rievent support directly. You may also contact us using the contact methods under Contacting Us.
GDPR Data Portability
GDPR requires the right for a data subject to receive the personal data concerning them, which they have previously provided in a “commonly used and machine readable format” and have the right to transmit that data to another controller. Rievent users may save the Rievent product and services web pages generated by the site as their “commonly used and machine readable format.”
GDPR Privacy by Design
Rievent follows the practice of Privacy by Design. Rievent implements appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to meet the requirements of this Regulation and protect the rights of data subjects. Rievent only collects the information needed to provide the Rievent service, and restricts access to those who need it to do their job of running, developing, and supporting Rievent products and services. Privacy is a primary consideration when adding any new data to the Rievent service.
Rievent Technologies, LLC
6052 Providence Rd. Ste. 101
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
or contact Rievent by following links to Rievent support.